Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Recharging my Batteries

This weekend we met up with my sister Val and her hubby Rob (and Gracie of course) for 3 nights of camping and two days of hiking. It was fabulous to turn off the world, so to speak, and just recharge my batteries. I read the most wonderful book - I'll tell you about that later this week. We ate some good food and wine/beer. And enjoyed the simple beauty in nature. No phones, no laptops, no cameras (except my point and shoot). It was peaceful.

You have to get a permit to hike in the desolate wilderness. I was "tagged" as my sister strapped our permit to my pack. On the way out, you have to sign out - that way they know when people are lost. These images are from Day 1.Hiking up to Bassi Falls on Day 2.It's nice to be home again. And sure nice to be able to shower!

2 comments:

Lora Ward said...

Jen - we must talk about this hike! I have been to Bassi Falls many times and love it there. Why wait until getting home to shower... there are many lovely deep pools (swimming holes) to jump into! Very cold, however!

Jenny Skibo said...

I LOVE Desolation wilderness - it's so peaceful and beautiful!