Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mulvaney's Culinary Specialists at the B & L

Last week, Cy and I took a colleague out to lunch as he was rolling out of dodge (Sacramento) to head back home to Texas after being here for over 2 years. We went to Mulvaney's on 19th street (1215 19th Street). The beautiful brick building was a firehouse from 1893 to the early 1980's and it had such character. The patio, which Mulvaney opens up for seating in warm weather, stabled the firehouse's horse team - and it's where we enjoyed our lunch. I was so giddy about how the food looked I whipped out my phone to take pictures.

Seriously, do you not love the flowers, and the salt and pepper with the little scoop?!Their butter I hear is to die for. However, I was good and did not partake in the bread and butter. But I love how the butter was served in a shell!Sorry, I took a bite before I realized I should photograph this artwork. Halibut with a fresh watermelon salsa. YUMMY!
The pork tenderloin with the fresh corn salsa looked good too. I stole one bite. You can seriously see the rows of kernels where the corn was cut off the cob!
Okay, this was server, who was super cool. But the reason why I took the picture...they use old wine bottles to chill and serve water in!!! Hello - WAY COOL!
And lastly, as we were checking out, they bring you a wonderful book to sign in as you pay your tab. Of course, I couldn't help myself and we left our mark in their book.

No comments: