another fun family story posted by Carie....
Last Tuesday I took the day off to celebrate my husband Matt's 40th birthday. Now, when I turned 40 it was a 3-day extravaganza with an agenda, multiple venues and several wardrobe changes. Matt, on the otherhand, is slightly more low-key and low-maintenance than I am. He was in the middle of some huge work projects and wanted to keep things mellow. So, we celebrated with family over the weekend and then on his actual birthday, Tuesday, we went boating on the Sacramento river with our friends the Fry family. Here they are. Curt is in the mirror and his daughter Chantal and son Spencer in the middle. That's Matt (the 2nd hottest 40-year old I know) on the left.
Last Tuesday I took the day off to celebrate my husband Matt's 40th birthday. Now, when I turned 40 it was a 3-day extravaganza with an agenda, multiple venues and several wardrobe changes. Matt, on the otherhand, is slightly more low-key and low-maintenance than I am. He was in the middle of some huge work projects and wanted to keep things mellow. So, we celebrated with family over the weekend and then on his actual birthday, Tuesday, we went boating on the Sacramento river with our friends the Fry family. Here they are. Curt is in the mirror and his daughter Chantal and son Spencer in the middle. That's Matt (the 2nd hottest 40-year old I know) on the left.
We had the whole river to ourselves that day. We cruised up the North fork, looking for some smooth water but it was too choppy to ski due to a slight wind and very high water. So we parked on a beach and ate and played dominoes. I apologize I didn't snap more pics but here is a view of the sun going down on the water. That's Haven Fry and me hanging in the back seat of the boat. 

Haven and I didn't want the day to end so we talked the guys into staying as late as possible. It was quite chilly on the way back to the dock. We couldn't believe it because it had been roasting that day. Obviously, we weren't prepared for the cool weather and Haven and I had to snuggle under towels on the ride out. 

Thanks for sharing Carie!


No comments:
Post a Comment