I recently met Kelly and Leila of Be Inspired PR, a PR firm specialized in the wedding industry. Our discussion wrapped around the topic of how print publications are now fighting online professional wedding blogs/sites for first right of publication for weddings. We, The Memory Journalists, attempt to get every one of our couples featured in print as it's a special memento for our couples to cherish.
We are going to have to start limiting the the distribution of our images to vendors until we can at least make our attempts. Leila wrote a wonderful article about how damage can be done even by images showing up on Twitter and Facebook, let alone other blogs and sites. Print publications have become more savvy as to where to look and how to search to ensure their wedding submissions have not been showing up on the internet before going to print.
Please check out this article about how photographers and designers shouldn't release their images prematurely if they would like to submit for print.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for posting, Jennifer!
You're welcome Diana!
As one of your annoying vendors who LOVES to get pictures, I totally understand. As an advertiser in print publications I do want there to be the most impact of the pictures and if that means that I'm just going to have to be patient, then so be it. Thank you so much for being diligent in getting picture of our mutual events to me. I do appreciate the thoughtfulness.
Thank you for posting... this is great info for all photographers who want their work considered for covers, and editorial shots. You do a great job of keeping all of us up to date and informed.
Post a Comment