My only requirement when we go camping is there must be a lake or river and we have to be able to build a fire. Water instantly relaxes me and you have to have a campfire for S'mores!
Our latest trip was to Tamarack Lake, near Blue Lakes off Highway 88 in the Sierras. We spent the day at Silver Lake, another beautiful spot, which I will talk about today.
I grew up camping at this lake every summer with my grandparents, which is how I know silly things about the area, like the fact that this mountain ridge is nicknamed, Dragon Mountain. Can you see it? His head is up to the right, with his tail falling off the left side of this pic. He's napping, obviously.
When we go to the lake John brings the boat so he can fish and I bring my "fishing necessities". It's about the only time I get to read a magazine that's not wedding related.
Kylie has no real requirements for riding in the boat, except for the occasional stop that allows her to find the nearest stick. BTW If there's not one on shore, she'll swim to the middle of the lake to retrieve anything resembling wood, from a twig to a tree branch.
John's usual fishing motto is catch and release, but sometimes those little goofs swallow the hook and we have to eat them. Here's John cleaning dinner.
Followed by a shameless self portrait. :)
This was our day spent at Silver Lake..oh..I forgot the goose poo story! Dang...I'll have to post about that next and then our awesome spot at Tamarack Lake. Check for the next installment of our weekend camping trip soon. ;0)

1 comment:
Nicole... you know how to live the Good Life (although Bud Light? come on!) Silver Lake is gorgeous although I've only stayed in a rustic cabin (with toilet); tell me the good places to pitch a tent.
Post a Comment