Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Cancer scare....again

So....I've had a new spot that had me concerned over the last few weeks. I just had my annual appointment in February (with a slice being taken during that appointment) but this was a new spot and it was growing. Last week I called to make an appointment with my doctor - to be told the earliest they could get me in was like July 30th. I said "WOW?!?! really?" I couldn't help but say WOW again. Hearing the concern in my voice, she asked if I had a history with Melanoma and as soon as I said a big YES, she was able to get me in this week.

I had my appointment yesterday, where they once again sliced a piece of skin off my body (7th time now - and to think I never had any stitches or scars before this cancer thing was discovered). I actually met with my normal doctor's PA (thoroughly enjoyed talking with her) since my doctor was busy - and I was shocked when she said that I ought to have results from the pathology report today. "really that fast?!"

I did get a call today, but I was in a meeting when the call came in. When I called back - the person who I was suppose to ask for was out - but the girl on the other side of the phone said "let me look up your chart", I was thinking she was going to give me my results - but to my bad luck, she either couldn't tell me the results herself and could only take a message, or maybe it's not good news and couldn't deliver bad news. Either way, I was told that I'd have to wait for a call back. UGH!!! Seriously the waiting game sucks!

and the worse part - it itches like mad! I can't do very many adhesives anymore, such as bandaids, as I became so sensitive to it.

Update tomorrow...I hope.

2 comments:

Jenny Skibo said...

OMG - my thoughts and prayers are with you. Sounds like you have a good network of professionals helping you out. Try to relax and NOT watch the clock or phone!

Sugar and Spice Specialty Desserts said...

Jenn... I'm sending optomistic thoughts to you! Please let us all know when you get the news!