I woke up several times in the middle of the night to what sounded like a hurricane. This was the scene as soon as the sun was up - not that we saw the sun at all today. Cory kept telling me that I needed to learn how to "embrace the rain." There were winds in excess of 50mph and lightening and "scare the hell out of me" thunder. These first two shots were taken from our room - Cory took the boat shot - looks like a boat in a tub - except the white caps! We saw two other boats today washed up on shore and one still buoyed in the water that was half sunk. The 2nd shot I took - the trees limbs were horizontal in the wind.


We decided to kill time by walking around the hotel. The shot is using Cory's cell phone again - had to prove I was here with my honey.
.jpeg.jpg)
Walking around the hotel is where we found our love couple...I nicknamed them Oscar and Cheryl. :-) They were so much in love and while their other friends were huddled underneath some trees further away, these two stood together in the rain and nuzzled.


Cory shot this next one. Can you see the rain drops coming down?!?! I think she looks like a Bessy.

Can you see the loungers by the pool? Yes, EMPTY! And it was flooded everywhere. Almost all restaurants were shut down due to being flooded. Hello Room Service for breakfast. Although we do see some tiki torches lit now down at our favorite bar & grill (the Hula Grill) so we're braving going outside to get some hot food and cold drinks.

....more later...and check back to see my post about Cory's new job here on the island!
2 comments:
Mahalo! Sweet of you to think of us. Yup that's or mission - together in any weather.
Looks like fun in the rain. The pictures are cool. But let the tanning begin!
Go McD's red and yellow.
Enjoy!
Here's hoping for sunshine soon for you! Aloha!
Post a Comment