
We found a few churches along the way. This first one was in Kihei. Further down the coast is Makena Landing where we found the Keawala'i Church (1838). On this road we came across the Malu'aka Beach and this random shot.

In the Makena area is Big Beach - the largest undeveloped white sand beach on Maui. It was pretty desolate with the exception of just a few families. I grabbed this awesome shot of one little girl looking out at the ocean and Cory grabbed a shot of the happiest boy in the world.
Along the way, we found more billy goats. When I got out of the car to shoot this picture, I swear this guy stood taller and thought about jumping down after me.
We continued onwards even after the highway ended - more warning signs about not being able to see oncoming traffic. The so called road ended at La Perouse Bay. The land is mostly volcanic rocks from the last lava flow in Maui in 1790.
On our way back, we snapped this shot of these red roofed town homes - kind of cool against the ocean backdrop.

1 comment:
I really love all the pictures of the church's. My dad loves pictures of beautiful church's and it reminds me of him. Looks like the weather has cleared up for you!
Post a Comment