Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Table Topics - Question #1

I'm starting a new series on our blog called Table Topics. I found this little card deck at a winery gift store last year and I loved the concept. Cristy Clarke is the founder of RubyMine, and she created Questions as a way to get conversations started and get beyond small talk. She's even created some journaling editions that of course appeal to my love of journaling. I thought this would be a fun way for our blog readers to reply and share their answers to these thought provoking questions. I encourage and challenge each person who reads this entry to respond with your answer. And of course, I'll be sharing a bit about myself too!

Question #1 - If you had to gain 10 pounds what would you eat to gain the weight?

As my close friends know, this is a question near to my thoughts these days, as my exercise time as decreased over the last few years as I've become more busy. And those that know me, know that I'm an avid excerciser - waking up early to hit the gym by 6am to beat the crowds. Answering this question isn't hard at all. I would eat sour gummy worms by the bag. French fries from McDonalds. Chinese food every day for lunch, including those empty rice carbs. Wine with dinner every night. And of course desserts of every kind: carrot or chocolate cake, bubble gum ice cream, Oreo double stuff cookies - good thing I don't keep any of those desserts in my house!

4 comments:

Penny Sylvia said...

Oh yummy ... I would eat tacos! I love 'em! I remember once when I was sicker than a dog when I was eight, my mom asked me what I wanted to eat ...she would have given me anything because I was so sick ... my request ... TACOS! I ate 6 of them!!!! Oh yes and then Wine and Cheese ... honestly I think that is a food group that is of its own!!!

Anonymous said...

HMMM... Well let's see. I would start with Wine an cheese with Penny. But I would add in some fresh baked garlic bread. Then I would move onto Thai food!! Red curry chicken with coconut milk, and spicy chicken and green beans. All served with sticky rice. I would eat that till I couldn't possibly eat any more. Then I would need some yummy cold creamy Gilatto to cool down, maybe chocolate and peanut butter. Well I think that should get me the 10 pounds but if not then lets throw in some decadent dessert pastries and fresh baked cookies. :) I love this question Jennifer!!! But now I'm hungry!

Sarah Maren said...

I would eat "Animal Style" French Fries (no onions, extras special sauce") from In-N-Out three meals a day. Seriously, it would only take me a day and a half to gain 10 pounds, but it would be so worth it. :)

Kerry said...

That's an easy question. Pizza, pizza, pizza. Add a chocolate dessert and I'd be in heaven. Of course, there's also the criss-cut fries at Rubicon's!!! YUM I could eat fries every day...did you say 10lbs or 20? :o)