Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Memory Journalists Winter Bootcamp #1

It's been almost two years now that we had our last Memory Journalists Bootcamp. We wrapped up our first bootcamp back in early 2007 with Tina and Teresa. We've grown over the last few years and it was time to hold bootcamp again! So I dusted off the material I had written, expanded it into 6 full sessions and away we go. This year we had a full house - Tina, Teresa, Cory, Nicole, John, Anne, Kelly, and myself. Let me start my introducing everyone on our team:

This is Anne - our youngest member at age 16. (image by Kelly). She's also our newest Memory Journalists ad spokesmodel.
This is Tina - also a student - but a bit older and in college. (image by Teresa). Tina is studying Graphic Design and photography.This is Kelly - Kelly has asked to take on more responsibility and we're giving it to her. She'll be leading up our company coverage team as we head into 2009. (image by Teresa). Rule #1 - Caught that face on camera - it goes on the blog!
This is Teresa - also a company coverage lead and will be mentoring Kelly during this next year. (image by Tina).This is Nicole - my office manager extraordinaire and new addition to our shooting team. Three of Nicole's images will be shown off in new ads coming out this year for both the Memory Journalists and for Bella Donna Bridal. (image by Anne). Is she biting her tongue?This you all know is my hubby Cory, and the other half of our signature coverage team. He should know better by now that if you make that face - it goes on the blog! (image by Teresa).This is John. Our newest member of the team and hence the most serious. He's not used to us all quite yet but I'm sure he'll make faces soon for the camera too! (image by Teresa).
This is me (Jennifer), and ZoeZoe - our MJ mascot and permanent model subject. (image by John).Today's bootcamp session was about "Gear, Lenses, and Exposure". It's good to share equipment, learn about each other's cameras, lenses and get to know some cool tricks that may otherwise go unlearned. And of course eat some good candy!(image by Jen) It started with everyone learning about the subtle differences between camera bodies.(image by Anne) Somehow I became the subject model as I stood in front and spoke. I made sure to delete most those images!(image by Anne) Cory walked around and helped everyone with settings as we played hot potatoe (not literally) with all the camera bodies so that everyone could have a chance to learn on the variety of gear we own.(image by Cory)(image by Cory)(image by Anne)(image by John) I love this image of Teresa and I! (image by Tina) Hmmm...I think at one point everyone was running on a candy high and I had to be the mean teacher and reign in the class and get back on track.

Even ZoeZoe was interested in what was going on. Our next session is about composition and creativity. Everyone was sent home with their assignments from this first session and will be coming back with some good images (and bad ones) to share for next time.(image by Teresa)(image by Anne)

3 comments:

Tina said...

The candy wrapper shot is actually Terea's. Although, I did tell her to take it with the fish eye I had! Co-credit!

Blooms by Martha Andrews said...

Love the chocolate

Anonymous said...

Awww Thanks Tina for the co-credit!!