My sister and brother in law are both hunters. And both are very good. This year Rob drew an elk tag and they headed out a week ago Thursday to set up camp and to be ready for opening day on Tuesday. I had a bit of scare last night as I was walking into Melanie and Tim' rehearsal, as I received a text message from Val that said "Tell Cory 400 yard shot cross canyon." Obviously good news, but the next text message was the scary part "Bad motorcycle wreck coming off mountain. Never heard Rob scream like that. Leg caught. I had to lift 650 pound bike off him. He said it's just bruised. I think he lies. :( " I quickly text back to call me.
So while I normally don't take calls during events, I quietly stepped out during the rehearsal to make sure they were okay. Val said it took them 6 hours to get off the mountain. Rob's brother and Dad were there to help too so that was good. They are both okay, but extremely sore. She said they just hit a bad patch of ice/snow as they were coming down the (9100 foot elevation) mountain.
When I called them back on my way home, they were having a drink and about to go to bed. They head home tomorrow and Rob already sent me pictures of his 6 point elk. Very large. I can't wait for them to get home so I can call them!
No comments:
Post a Comment