So, in light of recent food items... I thought I'd let you know about some interesting choices...
Last night I sat down and saw my yummy looking dinner. It was platanos (cooking bananas that have the consistency of undercooked potatoes) and spaghetti. Yes, starch on starch is normal. So, I was excited for some spaghetti. So, I took a big mouthful and it was made with FISH STOCK! Don't worry, it gets better... I was eating and I bit on something hard. So, you ask, what was it? FISH BONES! Yeppers... I had spaghetti with fish stock, bones and no fish meat. SO, I ate as much as I could and then, drank a bunch of water to feel full...
There are some volunteers here from Chicago and they brought us some pringles and some peanuts. I haven't had such yummy food in what feels like forever - even though it only has been 10 days.
I went to the bank to change some money yesterday. It was AWESOME! I didin't hardly have to stand in line, and I got a hell of an exchange rate. I was happy as a clam. Then, I went to the grocery store and bought some munchy stuff... good times.
I learned a very valuable lesson from the dinner the other night. Don't take a big mouthful of anything here. Try a little bit first because it's easier to wash down with water...
:-) Talk to you soon!
Kelly
Here's a few images of me and some of the boys.

No comments:
Post a Comment