Monday, October 22, 2007

just [b]

Today I arrived in San Diego where my good friend Sarah of Sarah Maren Photography picked me up at the airport. The first thing I noticed was the horrible smoke in the air. I hadn't realized just how bad it was until I heard that over 250,000 homes had already been evacuated. And seeing the sky (or the lack of seeing the sky) was disheartening (and unhealthy).

We were stuck on I-5 for a much longer than normal drive to Orange County where we hooked up with [b]ecker for lunch. I have to say that meeting him was such a pleasure. He's so much cooler and fun in person than I even imagined. We spent a few hours eating and chatting before we said our goodbye's - to only be surprised when he showed up later tonight, with Jessica Claire, at our official meet and greet dinner for the Jesh de Rox workshop. The workshop starts tomorrow and is hosted at the awesome Image is Found studio in Oceanside. We caught a few images at dinner tonight of Nate and Jaclyn laughing as stories were shared. I love Susan in the corner laughing! And Sarah snapped this one of Jesh and I at the far end of the table. I'll keep you all posted as the week goes by - let's keep our fingers crossed that the winds die down tomorrow and that the fires can be contained.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!!
You look like your having a BLAST down in Southern Calli. Tell Sara I said hello. Have a wondreful time.

P.S. The smile looks FABOULUS!!!!! The braces were worth it.(even for 4 years:))

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having fun! Stay safe. Hopefully they get the fires under control... how terrible for the people of San Diego!

Penny Sylvia said...

OK ... I was already wishing I was with you guys ... now I just want to cry!!! Stay safe down there!!

Penn

Unknown said...

Love the new smile!

[b]ecker is so amazing... the whole "[b]rand" or concept is simply fun to explore. It is always so exciting to see a creative person really break out from the norm and give you a new perspective. I thought his site was well worth the wait (which might I add, is hardly a wait at all).

Be safe in San Diego, let's pray the fires are put out soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I just found out that a neighbor of mine's husband is down there fighting those fires. He got there on Sunday and has been fighting since. No sleep. I pray for his safety and for all of the brave men and women fighting down there.
Thank you for being brave.

Tina said...

So, this Susan...is she from San Diego? She looks familiar, as in my friend Katie's brother's girlfriend! Ask her about it the next time you see her!

p.s. Stay safe and I hope you're having fun!

susan yee said...

OMG, you did NOT put that image of me up! I wonder what the heck I was laughing about.

It was wonderful meeting you, I'm so glad we did. You're a beautiful person and I will definitely be contacting you when we're in Sac again :)