One of the participating organizations at today's United Way fund raiser was the Sacramento Sierra Chapter of the American Red Cross. Not only does the American Red Cross provide training classes for lifesaving skills such as CPR and First Aid, but they also offer specialized presentations on emergency preparedness. And of course, you can always donate some blood! One event of special note that I particularly was drawn to was their 2007 Hometown Heros Breakfast. I borrowed (aka stole) the following text from their website as I couldn't have said it better myself:
What is a hero?
An individual who has taken action in a time of crisis to save lives, to help others and to show extraordinary human compassion— someone who exemplifies the values and principles of the American Red Cross.
At a very special breakfast on Tuesday, October 23, 2007, the Sacramento Sierra Chapter of the American Red Cross will honor eleven Hometown Heroes – individuals who have shown courage, kindness, and unselfish character by their act of heroism in our greater Sacramento community.
Purchase your ticket today! (Tickets limited). Support your community!
1 comment:
Great meeting you! :) Loved checking out your blog and I hope Cory got a new car! Whoa...that was a gnarly accident.
Keep up the great work and keep showing YOU!
:)
DJ
Post a Comment