Monday, August 06, 2007

Pam and Luke's Wedding Day

Pam and Luke were married this last Saturday. We started the day with the girls at the Grand Sheraton where they were getting ready. I love the big windows at the Sheraton - makes for some great photographs.When Pam was completed ready, I made her wait to make a grand entrance into the sitting room where all her girlfriends and family were waiting. I just love it when I work with a bunch of girls that are having total fun. I think it was Lauren who suggested that all the girls stage this first image's reaction before Pam came into the room! But of course, their real reaction to seeing Pam for the first time couldn't be contained and is the 2nd image.Pam had these Home Depot gift cards taken down to Luke as a wedding day gift. I'm skipping ahead a bit to show you the next image, but the Home Depot cards make more sense when you see some of their gifts from their gift table. Very creative decorations - lanterns tied on top.Their massive limo (held 20 people) dropped of Pam and the girls just moments before the ceremony. I caught this image of Luke looking super calm and handsome just as the ceremony started. When Pam rounded the corner and walked down the aisle, her eyes searched for Luke and immediately her eyes welled up with tears. Darren, their officiant, held Luke's ring just moments before they exchanged vows.After the ceremony, we all jumped into the waiting limo and headed over to the front side of the Capitol. Don't you just love this image of the groomsmen helping with the bustling of the bride's dress?! The girls were busy getting pictures with the groom at the time, so the guys all pitched in. With wedding party pictures done - we stole a few minutes for just the bride and groom to be alone.Upon the introduction of the wedding party, the newlyweds went right into their first dance. I was so caught up in the moment that I found myself singing softly to "Only You" by the Platters as I clicked away.With everyone eating, it was time to capture a few detail shots. On each table was a variety of cards about Things Luke loves about Pam, and Things Pam loves about Luke. And each guest went home with a shot glass. I couldn't help myself and played with their rings and the shot glass - Pam's ring is shining through the hearts! The cake was wonderful - the top was the only cake, and the rest of the layers we cupcakes. Tarts and Truffles did a great job!The bride and groom mingled from table to table to greet guests. Even Mixsy welcomed Luke into the family with a big kiss! Toasts were super emotional - laughter and tears both at the same time. Pam will probably kill me, but I just love this shot of her and Luke as Russell was giving his toast. The love she felt for Russell and his family was evident as she fought to hold in the tears. Laughter didn't stop with the toasts, the rest of the evening was a blast. Pam threw her head back in total bliss as she saw Luke dancing towards her seconds before he removed her garter. There are a variety of different reasons why I connect with each and every couple that I work with. Pam and Luke have such a passionate outlook on life and it shows in all that they do. Congratulations Pam and Luke! Nicole and I both enjoyed being a part of your wedding day.I'll leave you with the image we caught at the steps of the Capitol. They laughed at me as I moved the rugs/door-mats that were sitting in this hallway out of my way. Anything for a picture! (I did put them back however before leaving.) You can check out more of Pam and Luke's wedding pictures with their Sneak Peak under our Clients page using the password of "Pam_luke".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats to Pam & Luke and their family.

Bree Wilder said...

These are so beautiful. And I just really, really, REALLY can't wait until it is MY turn!