Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Citizen - Grand Opening

We were so excited to be asked to photograph the official Grand Opening of the Citizen hotel this last Thursday evening. There were so many great vendors involved in this elegant affair.

Novelle Roux, Inc. was the Event Designer - both Mary and Wendy are amazing!
Tia Gemmell, of Riverview Media Photography, was hired to photograph the red carpet.
Claudia of Bloem Decor (Fresh Cut) provided amazing floral designs.
Men in Black Security.
Classic Party Rentals.
Party Concierge.
Sight and Sound (Corporate Staging and Events).
Valerie V Music and Events.
and we were hired to as Event Photographers - we're famous for our additicion of detail shots!

Bree and I arrived at 4:30. Activities were planned in many rooms and on many levels!

Ballroom dancers could be found in the Park Plaza Ballroom - where the most wonderful salt slab display of fresh fish appetizers could be found.

Marilyn Monroe and Groucho Marx were found on the red carpet greeting the 1000+ guest list. Everyone wandered into the wonderful restaurant the Grange - if you haven't tried it yet - you should! Cory and I recently dined there with NJ and Ashley and it was scruptious!

David Bass Jazz Duo, with Doug Pauley on guitar, was found in the Scandal bar on the 2nd floor. I caught David spoking a cigar as Bree and I arrived outside the Citizen and I remember telling Bree - he's someone I want to phtograph - later I was sure to ask him! We also caught a glimpse of Sarah Palin in Scandal too. Loved the scandalous notes that were left on the walls!

On the 7th floor Metro Terrace, Valerie V Quartet was playing (credit given to Valerie for the song I'm using in our slideshow! Valerie's voice is truly amazing!) The Terrace uplighting with its billowing tented ceiling was beautiful.

On the 14th Floor we found the dessert bar and all the suites were open for tour.

At 6:30, everyone enjoyed hearing the grand opening acknowledgements played on video on multiple screens.

It was fun to run into a few people I know and to meet a few new people. To name just a few...Martha, of Blooms, and her hubby were there, and we ran into Laurie Schmalzel. We met Nathan of MGW Magazine who was there taking press pictures.

Click the below image to start our slideshow. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Bree Wilder said...

That was SUCH a fun shoot. And the hotel is beautiful!

Bree Wilder said...

P.S. Thanks for getting my favorite girl in there a couple of times!! :-)