Monday, March 16, 2009

Movie Review - Appaloosa

Paired up this time as friends, rather than rivals, Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen play Marshal Virgil Cole and Deputy Everett Hitch. They are hired to clean up the town of Appaloosa - by any means necessary. They are guns for hire - but legal. This film also has a supporting case of Renee Zellweger and Jeremy Irons.I enjoyed this movie...as I do most movies. Really I'm not the greatest reviewer as I'll probably tell you I enjoy most what I watch. :-) But since we don't watch tv much, we are movie watchers - of all kinds of movies.

This movie has some predictable scenes, but it's part of what I liked about it. And it's been a while since I've seen a western film released. Ed Harris, not only co-scripted this film, but he also directed.

One of my favorite quotes from the movies (by Everett): "Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens... and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes."

No comments: