Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas trip to Arizona

Cory and I just returned from a quick trip to Arizona to visit my parents over Christmas. We arrived on Christmas day in time for Christmas dinner. On Friday we headed off to Tuscon to do a bit of sightseeing...only to discover that it was freakishly cold - colder than home. What happened to sunny warm Arizona days? It was 34 degrees midday and raining. I didn't bring my wool coat...never thought I'd need it!

Our first stop was San Xavier del Bac Mission south of Tuscon. Beautiful. And the inside was ornate and incredibly detailed. Even the pews were amazing.We then headed out to the outdoor Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. It's a two mile path that walks you through many wildlife areas of plants and animals.The last day we were there we visited the Casa Grande Ruins National Monument. But with no camera in hand. I decided to just enjoy the day. So you'll have to read about it online!

No comments: