Thursday, August 28, 2008

Arizona Day 2

I haven't had a chance to write about last Saturday in Arizona. My dad and I went up to the small down of Jerome - an old copper mining town. A once grand mansion (turned museum) is the place to go to learn about this small town. From way atop, we were able to catch this view of the valley. It was amazing to see that we climbed several thousand feet in a matter of a few minutes to get to this little town.
My dad smokes a pipe. Always has...as far as I know. And I love the smell of his pipe. Sometimes I can be walking around downtown Sac and I catch a whiff of pipe tobacco...and it makes me think of my dad. As we were driving around I caught him mid puff - he tried to put his pipe down every time I tried to catch this shot...but I told him I wanted a picture of him smoking. I know it may seem silly, but it fits my memories of growing up and I wanted this image to last forever.

This is my dad!

No comments: