Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tina and Henry's Wedding Day

What an awesome day yesterday! The day started at the Tzika's family home where Tina and the girls were getting ready. As the norm, we started with a few detail shots. I love when we can start at personal homes, it gives us such a multitude of personal affects we can add to our shots - such as this super fun ring shot sitting in the dish of glass candy. Love the color!Both Tina and Henry looked spectacular. We planned a first sighting and took almost all pictures before the ceremony at McKinley Park. The weather could not have cooperated better! Tina and Henry put their trust in us and were willing to walk on the grass and get some great outdoor shots. Their service was held right across the street at the Greek Orthodox church. And as soon as the service was over we headed downtown to the Sutter Club. We took an extra few minutes to take a walk on the desolate sidewalks near the Capital.The reception was a blast! I love these next two shots. Everyone had a good time and the whole day went so smoothly thanks to (as Henry calls it) over-planning. I love that quality! Click on this image to start the sneak peak slideshow of this fabulous wedding!
A guest took this picture of us "girls" and it turned out rather well so I thought I'd post it. This is of course after about 10 hours on our feet. I do have to say thanks to both Kelly and Nicole. I love the team of people who I work with - it started with Teresa, Cory, and I planning to shoot their wedding. But as luck would have it, Teresa had a family emergency and Cory was under the weather, so when in need, my team steps forward. I love you girls! (and Cory too of course!) Kelly gave me the best compliment a photographer could receive - she said that while she's only just started with The Memory Journalists and shot a handful of weddings with us, that I always try to mix it up and take unique photographs - making every wedding unique!
Some of the great vendors we worked with last night were Ann Montgomery of Anntastic Events, videography by Jami from J Concepts, entertainment by Stephen Katsules of DJ Katz, and Doug Pauley provided live guitar music. Other vendors used were House of Fashions (dresses), Lush Salon (hair), Firefly Salon (make-up), Men's Warehouse (tux rentals), Tulip Paperie for stationery, flowers by The Big Bang, and cake by Freeport Bakery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is... WE KICK ASS! Those were amazing! And, I like the link to the sneak peak simply by clicking a photo. COOL!

Too much fun! And, I love the picture of us. He did a good job!

Great, Great wedding. Glad I could share in their happiness!