Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Movie Review - The Green Mile

I have so many movies to share reviews with you all. Cory and I, while in Hawaii, caught up on many "in the theater now" movies while napping the afternoons away in our room. But tonight I'll just tell you about a movie I watched for the first time last night, an oldie, but one I had never seen before.The Green Mile stars Tom Hanks and was in introduced in 1999. Other actors that I thoroughly enjoyed in this film were David Morse and Michael Clarke Duncan. Quoting the description form the website "Set on Death Row in a southern prison in 1935, the Green Mile, is the remarkable story of the cell block's head guard, who develops a poignant, unusual relationship with one inmate who possesses a magical gift that both mysterious and miraculous."

I can't believe I hadn't seen this one yet. (Cory says I've not seen a lot of movies yet.) I give this film a solid two thumbs up. I thoroughly enjoyed the 3 hours and it had me crying at the end - as all good movies should. A good cry. If you haven't seen this one, you should check it out.

2 comments:

Trina said...

I remember seeing that movie. I don't see many but this one I enjoyed too. I am a cryer so I am glad to know that you cried too! My husband has seen about a trillion more movies than I have, I only watch ones that don't seem to be a waste of time. Who has time for movies anyway- oh yah, People without kids! JK : )>

nicole j said...

I can't believe you've never seen this! Oh wait...yes I can. I love this movie everytime! I give it 2 thumbs and 2 big toes up!