Sunday, June 24, 2007

Alyssa and Jacob's Wedding Day

Yesterday Alyssa and Jacob were married in the Capital World Peace Rose Garden followed by a reception at the Sacramento Grand Ballroom. I just love Alyssa and Jacob. Alyssa and I have many things in common - one of which is attention to detail. Alyssa planned and created the most spectacular day for her wedding. Cory and I stopped by the Ballroom first thing and captured these few detail shots before meeting up with the girls. Alyssa had a candy bar for their guests - made up of all of her and Jacob's favorite candies. Her mom did all the bouquets and floral decorations - they were awesome!Something else that Alyssa and I have in common is our love of words. She went to great lengths to share her story of how Jacob proposed while in Italy last Christmas and added it to their ceremony program. For favors, she gave each guest a small book of her favorite poems with a bookmark of an engagement picture.Her friend Lisa created the most amazing scrapbook as a gift for Alyssa - documenting friendships and stories to last forever.Alyssa wanted some traditional elements too - she wanted to have something new, something old, something borrowed, and something blue. Her dress was made by Miosa Couture (the "new"), her brooch on her bouquet was borrowed, her wedding band was her grandmother's (the "old"), and she wore the most terrific blue shoes.The ceremony was beautiful. The String Quartet performed as the bride walked down the aisle. After the vows and rings were exchanged, Alyssa and Jacob released doves into the sky.Don't you just love the feathers on Alyssa's dress?! I think the sunset light was perfect. As Teresa and I were grabbing family and wedding party pictures at the park, Cory headed over the reception to capture the guests and the surprise entertainment - a belly dancer. She had the crowd up and dancing.
We stopped by for a shot in front of Tony's Deli (owned by Jacob's family) and strolled next door to get a shot in front of her dressmaker's shop.The guests signed a silver platter in lieu of a guestbook. What a great idea!The cake by Sheldon's was super unique - they used pictures we took at their engagement and they were placed around the cake. The ribbing on the cake matched the lace of Alyssa's dress.
Alyssa didn't leave any detail unattended - she included small touches in the restrooms at the Ballroom. I'm glad I carried a camera to the restroom!By the end of the night, the candy bar had been a huge hit. As you see the gummy bears were a big favorite!I'll leave you with a few images of Alyssa and Jacob during their first dance. Congratulations you two!I like to give a shout out to some of the other vendors we worked with last night - Phill from Sheffield Multimedia, Mike from Mr. DJ, and Sharon from Weddings by Design.

Check out Alyssa and Jacob's Sneak Peak on our website. Under the "Clients" page use the password of "Alyssa_jacob".

No comments: