Last year in prep for our wedding, my best friend Kerry and I scoped out several locations on foot - looking for good photo spots. We took the Filbert Street stairs that lead up to Coit Tower - and huffed and puffed the whole way up. Today, in all fairness to Kerry, I made Cory do the Filbert Street stairs. I tried to count the steps as we went, but I lost count after about 350 - I couldn't concentrate enough, needless to say - it's several flights! We had our GPS with us and it said we climbed about 400 feet within that short span of time. And then of course, we took the stairs on the west side of Coit Tower on the down side.
We continued walking through North Beach, and in China Town walked down the famous Waverly Place street. We went through the China Town Gates and headed into Union Square. From there, we walked into the SOMA district and Yerba Buena Gardens where we finally stopped for a quick bite to eat. After just a short break, we continued onwards to REI - they were having their big anniversary sale. We couldn't resist.
I couldn't wait to show you my new hiking socks! They are like gloves - each toe is uniquely covered to prevent blisters.
We walked over 10 miles today - and it was super nice to slip into something soft - the "Slow Down" slippers - one of many small details that make this hotel our favorite. It's dinner time soon and we've both worked up quite an appetite after such a walk today. And we're cracking open a bottle of champagne to toast in our One Year Anniversary!

No comments:
Post a Comment