RosePhotoAlbums
I asked Fina (as I always called her) to share with us about how she got started making these roses. "I have always loved doing artistic/craft work. About 4-5 months ago I had a mild stroke and while I was home I learned how to make paper roses out of coffee filters which were beautiful in themselves. I even did bouquets for a wedding party. But after the stroke, I started looking at pictures, reminiscing about the past, as you do when something traumatic happens. As I am sure you would understand given your past history. So I thought to myself, what a wonderful way to display photos. It would be artistic, which I love and yet pretty to look at as a display of roses. I have done many - from birthday gifts to memorials for people who have passed. It is one of my favorite things to do because of the reaction on people's faces. There is nothing like it when people are so pleased of the artwork you have done for them."
I asked Fina (as I always called her) to share with us about how she got started making these roses. "I have always loved doing artistic/craft work. About 4-5 months ago I had a mild stroke and while I was home I learned how to make paper roses out of coffee filters which were beautiful in themselves. I even did bouquets for a wedding party. But after the stroke, I started looking at pictures, reminiscing about the past, as you do when something traumatic happens. As I am sure you would understand given your past history. So I thought to myself, what a wonderful way to display photos. It would be artistic, which I love and yet pretty to look at as a display of roses. I have done many - from birthday gifts to memorials for people who have passed. It is one of my favorite things to do because of the reaction on people's faces. There is nothing like it when people are so pleased of the artwork you have done for them."
I hope you all take a look at Delfina's work and consider investing in something so beautiful! What a way to display the photos we may have taken for you in such a classic form of beauty....a simple rose!As I was trying to take these pictures - ZoeZoe couldn't help but get into the limelight!

1 comment:
How beautiful! This is so creative! So fitting that you two artistic people found each other. :)
You both have great stories to tell about how the realities of life can change your outlook.
Post a Comment