Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Burney Falls - Day 1

This last weekend Cory and I headed out for some much needed R&R. We went camping at Burney Falls, CA. We decided to rent a cabin since the first night was only suppose to be 28 degrees. Their little cabins were so cute and had heat! Which by the last night we didn't even turn on at all. This campground had running water, flush toilets, and community showers! I was in heaven!The mornings were super brisk. I'm not sure how Cory made it through the entire trip in shorts!Blue jays and chipmunks (or are they squirrels) were in abundance and they were beggars! I took this image while sitting around the campfire.
Don't you love my hot pink shoes!
After spending the first morning reading - yes I read like 600 pages this short trip - we decided to head out to see the falls and came across this family of deer.The falls were beautiful!As we hiked the short Falls Loop - Cory kept looking back at me to see if I was keeping up sicne I kept stopping to take pictures!It's so hard to take "self portraits". You'll notice that this one I'm in tank top...wait to you see the next morning's self portrait.Gotta love that sunlight. This was just amazing!
This is the view of the falls from the other side.


I'll be posting a few more images in the next few days.

No comments: