Thursday, February 19, 2009

7+ years cancer free

Just over 7 years ago I was diagnosed with Melanoma at the young age of 30. After several stitches and scars later I've been cancer free for almost 7 years now. In 2001, I had follow up appointments every 3 months for quite a while, now I'm just on the once a year program...but I'm still a "lifer" as I told my doctor today. I had an annual exam today and was surprised to have, for the first time in 7 years, some more skin sliced off. (to put it nicely). Of course, it's probably nothing, but better safe than sorry.

This week's been a rough week. There is so much going on I can't begin to tell you. Thank God for my BFF Kerry who reminds me to breathe and who has 'hail ceasar' salad lunches with me. :-)

4 comments:

Shannon Sewell said...

big congratulations! and many hugs... :)

~S

Anonymous said...

oh jen! i'm sure it's absolutely nothing. 7 years is definitely something to celebrate!! your BFF is giving you great advice. just breathe!

Penny Sylvia said...

High 5 to cancer free!! Yeah!

Michelle said...

Hi, Jen, I came here from Bree's blog (I'm the one from FB who knows Brook Todd).

Anyway, just wanted to say congrats on another year. I'm also a cancer survivor, in remission for almost eight years now, and I know how nerve wracking those check-ups can be.

Congrats, again! Every year is another victory.