Sunday, October 05, 2008

Denice and Adam's Wedding Day

Can I just tell you that this week was full of emotional up and downs as we all watched the weather reports. On Wednesday of last week, Denice had to make the call to rent tents to protect the planned outdoor reception. As it turned out, we had only a few sprinkles here and there and the day turned out beautifully!

Kelly, Anne, and I headed up to the Coloma Country Inn to begin with details as the girls were getting ready. I just love this shot Kelly got of the Bride and Groom buttons from Friday's rehearsal. The flower girls, Denice's nieces, were the cutest triplets I've ever seen. Their shoes were so tiny. And Denice was absolutely breathtaking!We couldn't wait for Adam to catch his first glimpse of Denice. We changed up the schedule last week to plan for a first sighting to allow more flexibility in the schedule due to the weather. I'm so glad we did - the rain stopped just in time for a few bride and groom photos before the ceremony. And I loved that we still had a breeze from time to time - gotta love that veil blowing in the wind!The ceremony was held at Emmanuel Church, built in 1855 and part of the Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park. The sun peaked through the windows just as the ceremony started and continued shining through until Denice and Adam were pronounced husband and wife.
Denice and Adam had one special request - to take a photograph with all their guests. I wish I had photographs of how we accomplished this - as it was a bit perilous and scary. I was on the top rung of a 6 foot ladder, precariously placed on a decline slope so that Anne and Kelly had to hold the latter down with their weight as I climbed. It was so worth it!Back at the Inn, the night was full of laughter and smiles. I love this shot of Denice and Adam during their first dance together.Instead of the normal bouquet and garter toss, the newlyweds opted for an anniversary waltz. After the entertaining removal of the garter, Denice and Adam bestowed the garter and bouquet to the longest married couple - 44 1/2 years was the winning couple!Congratulations Denice and Adam! We really can't imagine not sharing in your wedding day. Thank you for trusting in us and deciding to do a first sighting. The day was perfect! Enjoy the beaches while honeymooning. Aloha!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Jennifer, Kelly and Anne. We had a perfect day and you captured it all. We really enjoyed the blog and all our family from Sunday Breakfast saw it also. We will look forward to viewing the rest when we return. Aloha Adam and Denice

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day, and I am SO happy the weather held out!