Sunday, March 02, 2008

Oscar and Cheryl's Wedding Day

Yesterday, we had the pleasure of being a part of the wonderful wedding day of Mr. and Mrs. Oscar and Cheryl Untalasco, Jr. (Doesn't that sound awesome!) Oscar and Cheryl hold a special place in my heart. I seriously cried as I watched their sneak peak slideshow - what a sap I am! I remember meeting Cheryl and Oscar for the first time and hearing about how Oscar arranged the most romantic surprise when he asked Cheryl to be his wife - it was an elaborate arrangement at the airport, to return home to butterflies, love notes, and their song playing. I knew this was a special couple right from the start and I am blessed to have met them.

Kelly and I started at Cheryl's brother's house with the girls getting ready. Kelly commented how we had allowed so much time with the girls, but time flew by! Cheryl was absolutely gorgeous; her mom was happy and nervous all at the same time to see her beautiful daughter in her dress.Cory headed out early to the church to get some amazing church shots before the family crowd arrived. Kelly and I joined up shortly thereafter to get started with Oscar and the guys. Cheryl sent along a special card with us to give to Oscar and we had to give Oscar just a moment alone to read her special words.The thing about Oscar and Cheryl that amazes me is how important ALL their family is to them. It seemed every member played a role in their special day. We couldn't have had better help - Fema, Cindi, Gayle, and many more. There were several elements during the ceremony that were a surprise to the couple - Chelsea performed a hula dance, Jacqueline sang The Prayer during the lighting of the unity candle, Jojo sang during Communion, and fifteen Godchildren brought up single roses to Oscar and Cheryl which they presented to the Blessed Virgin Mary while Ave Maria played in th background. Oscar's mom and dad walked Oscar down the aisle, and Cheryl's brother and mom walked her down the aisle. It was a a family event.Even though there may have a been a glitch here or there...it didn't matter. The most important thing was that this was their wedding day. Oscar looked upon Cheryl lovingly several times during the ceremony.
While we wrapped up rather large family photos at the church, Tina had already started at the reception location, the Library Galleria. As Cory departed for the day, Tina joined up with Kelly and I at the Capitol Park to take just a few bride and groom photos before heading to the reception. I'm so glad we allowed for a 1/2 hour alone with the them - the images are so touching.The reception was super lively - what else would you expect! Eugene Macala from Macala Entertainment did a fabulous job of getting the guests off their feet. We caught Oscar (well we might have dared him) to taste the cake before the cake was cut. :-) Their first dance ended in a well timed dip. The toasts by the maid of honor and best man were extra special. Rosa needed just a bit of sisterly support from Cheryl to get through her words - and I had to wipe my eyes to see through the camera lens. Chris too made me a bit misty as he shared aloud how honored he was to be best man.The first dance of Cheryl and her brother brought a few tears to Cheryl's face as the song played, Dance with My Father, as both cherished memories of their father. Oscar's dad hugged Oscar during Cheryl's dance with her brother as they watched the two dance. From across the room I could tell how emotional the moment was to them....as the words echoed..."to dance with my father again".The garter tradition was definitely PG-13! Oscar put on a show for the crowd and we captured it all! We stayed a few extra moments to capture the beginning of the traditional money dance. The lines were long and everyone wanted their turn. Oscar missed watching his sister and Cheryl sharing a big hug, and both his mom and dad danced with Cheryl and shared another big hug. Eventually, we cut in to give the bride and groom a hug goodbye. Congratulations Oscar and Cheryl! We love you both. Click on the below image to start their sneak peak slideshow... it may take a moment to load, please be patient!We couldn't resist having a family member take our photo with the newlyweds.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!... The slide show brought tears to my eyes. Congrats to Cheryl and Oscar...
Good job MJ girls!!!

Cheryl&Oscar said...

So much thanks and many blessing to the Memory Journalist. All we ever hoped for was that our special day would be captures like so many happy and fortunate couples.
You made us feel special and we have been blessed by your talents.

Thanks for the sweet and kind words Jennifer.

Cheers to the Journalists.
We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful wedding. This was definitely a team effort (or should I call it a tag team). It was a pleasure to work with Oscar and Cheryl as well as all the other hands that helped out! Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

The photos are magnificent. Gorgeous.

My cousin Oscar and new cousin Cheryl as well as everyone else you captured in the photos look so happy, as you have captured the moment of each picture perfectly.

I would only hope to find wonderful photographers such as you and your team if I should ever have a special day.

Anonymous said...

any pictures of claire?