Friday, March 07, 2008

Camera Settings - #1

I've been making our team practice on manual mode for the last few shoots we've done. I thought I'd start posting some images and tell everyone the settings used to create the image. It's a photographer geeky thing to do. :-)

Tonight I also played around with manual focus as well. I was using one of our Fuji S5 cameras, cranked up to 3200 ISO, no flash, using a 105mm macro lens at 3.2F-stop. These pics were taken at 1/13 and 1/8 second shutter speed with manual focus. And that's after the empty glass of wine! :-) Not too shabby for hand holding, huh?! And the grain from the high ISO isn't bad at all.

3 comments:

Julie Watts said...

3200 ISO? It ceases to amaze me how awesome those higher ISOs can look. I used to be afraid to go over 800! And yes, that's a steady hand you've got there :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... manual mode... NICE JOB!

Anonymous said...

impressive jen... i think the wine helped :)