Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to me

My birthday was a bit more dramatic than I wanted this year...as I spent it Friday in the ER with my mom at the hospital. But when I returned I found a few nice surprises awaiting me.

Actually my BFF Kerry gave me my surprises one day early on Thursday so I had it on me when I left abruptly on Thursday. Isn't this the COOLEST ring ever!! She also had given me the Twilight book on tape, which was a used necessity as I drove over the mountain by myself back and forth this trip.Carie, who also inspires me to be more mean and lean, gave me a wonderful new salad dressing cookbook!!! NJ had a new 60 Hikes within 60 Miles book (all within the Sacto region) for Cory and I to start using. Lastly, my honey had sunflowers and my fav Hoops and YoYo card waiting for me. The singing card actually made me crack a smile when I didn't really feel like smiling. It's good to have such friends. I'm very thankful for you all.

2 comments:

Lora Ward said...

Well heck Jennifer... we spoke on the phone today and I didn't know you had just had a B-day. I would have sung to you in my best voice (stop rolling your eyes... I was in church choir; I'm an alto, thank you very much). So, happy belated birthday!! Smile

The Memory Journalists said...

I'm so glad Cory got you that card! I saw it after I had your card already. Yay! Hoops and YoYo. They are so cute. I love them too now. Happy Birthday, Jen! Carie