Sunday, November 11, 2007

Jhanea and Lawrence's Wedding Day

We had the pleasure of photographing Jhanea and Lawrence's wedding day yesterday. The day started out early with Teresa and I meeting the girls at the Embassy Suites in downtown Old Sac. The girls were ready when we arrived and we started right away on all the details.Jhanea was gorgeous in her wedding dress! She easily laughed as we took photos, the bridesmaids behind us were full of mischief and helped her relax. Her necklace was so fitting to Jhanea's personality. We took the girls outside for a few quick photos before heading over to the church.Meanwhile, Cory had arrived early to the church and took candid shots of the guys getting ready and details around the church. I'm so glad we were able to take these shots of the guys outside too before the ceremony began as the sky was a bit dark and gloomy.The cross in the church caught my eye as it matched the colors of the wedding. Cory was able to grab some great shots using our "big gun" 300mm lens that only he can handhold. Jhanea and Lawrence had a traditional ceremony with veil, cord, and coins. Before we knew it, they were pronounced husband and wife.
It was pouring down rain by the time the ceremony was over. We had planned to head to the Capital Park for some groovy outdoor photos, by we instead enacted Plan B. We had pre-arranged in case of rain to head over the Park Ultra Lounge for some appetizers, drinks, and casual photos. They even started the outdoor fireplace for us. We sat around and everyone laughed as stories of Jhanea and Lawrence were told!The water fountain (wall of water) was an awesome backdrop for some great photos of our newlyweds. I just love this next photo - can't you just feel the love between them!!!
After some relaxing time with just the wedding party, we headed on over to Arden Hills Resort Club and Spa for the evening reception. Tina joined up with Teresa and I to photograph the reception; she had helped photograph the engagement pictures and wanted to share in Jhanea and Lawrence's wedding day. It was great to see so many people join in on the dance floor. Sonny from Exquisite Entertainment is always a crowd favorite, and he even added mood lighting around the room. We ended the night with taking the bride and groom outside for some cool air and a last photo in front of the Arden Hills fountain. You can see more of Jhanea and Lawrence's Sneak Peak by visiting our "Clients" page and using the password of "Jhanea_lawrence".As we were getting ready to leave, I snapped this picture of Tina and Teresa. Beth Baugher of True Love Photo was just wrapping up another wedding also at Arden Hills and ran over to get into our fun pics! After a 12 hour day in the rain, I have to say Teresa and I don't look too bad.

7 comments:

Sarah Maren said...

You guys look awesome for a rainy 12 hour day! I don't even look that good after an engagement session. ;)

I love the shoe shot... the reflection is so perfect.

Cheryl&Oscar said...

Amazing pics and such a lovely couple. Rain or shine the Journalists get it done.

Tina said...

I'm so happy I got to shoot the second half of this wedding...it was a blast!

Unknown said...

Beautiful as usual. I love the candid picture of Jhanea laughing. The fireplace and waterfall also make for great pictures. I have to say I am really liking pictures taken at the Park. I do have a few great memories taking pictures on the other side of that wall there.....It all started with that Cosmo and the rest is Memory Journalist history.

Anonymous said...

I had a blast that day. Very tired and very wet but it was so worth it. The shots are totally amaizing. I like whay Cheryl & Oscar said... Rain or shine The Memory Journalists get it done.
My favorite part was getting the shots of them coming out of the church while I was in the car keeping the geer safe from getting wet...until I hit my head on the roof and knocked myself silly:)! It's ok I recovered. Thats the price you pay to get the shot right?!?!

Anonymous said...

that beth from true love photo did NOT look so good after 8 hours in the rain : )
kidding !!

The Memory Journalists said...

Beth you're too funny - I think you looked great!!! Although I looked pretty wimpy after all make-up was gone and straight hair in the rain is a plus! NOT!