Saturday, April 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Teresa!

Tonight we celebrated Teresa's 30th birthday. It was a "Drinks and Dessert" party and Teresa's closest friends put on the best shindig I've ever seen. Turquoise, gold, and chocolate brown were the theme colors and everything matched perfectly down to the linens and ribbons. We were greeted with balloons before we even went inside.The doorman was the cutest little dog holding personalized Hershey's mini bars. Amber and Lisa were busy putting on all the little details when I arrived.A close family friend and professional baker made the moistest chocolate cake. The girls created a chocolate covered marsh mellow tree and the most awesome pretzels - covered in chocolate and turquoise frosting and sprinkles.There were cookies, cheesecake, brownies, and lemon bars. And the cupcakes....oh my gosh - I'd never seen turquoise cherries before! Teresa made the most decadent, scrumptious, yummy dessert I've ever had - sweaty balls - chocolate covered oreo and cream cheese balls. Apparently when they are set out at room temperature they sweat, and hence their name.And finally, the drink of the evening was a mini- martini that matched the theme colors down to the colorful sprinkles in the top and bottom of the glass. They were amazing!I couldn't resist snapping this pose of Teresa as she enjoyed her evening! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! Jen did an amaizing job on my Birthday pictures. I can't wait to see the rest!!!! Thank you so much Jen. :)

Tina said...

I'm so bummed I couldn't make it to Teresa's birthday celebration. All of the goodies look so amazingly delcious!