Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Movie Review - The Other Boleyn Sister

Last weekend, somehow I was able to get Cory to watch The Other Boleyn Sister. A sensual tale of intrigue, romance and betrayal set against the backdrop of a defining moment in European history. I love historical films. These two beautiful sisters, Anne and Mary Boleyn, driven by their family's blind ambition, compete for the love of the handsome and passionate King Henry VIII. The cast couldn't have been any better: Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, and Eric Bana.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The book was FANTASTIC! Something is wrong with me though - whenever I read the book, I never see the movie. No desire. My own mental images are always SO much better! Like Twilight - just can't bring myself to watch it! ugh...

Anonymous said...

i agree - the book was great! i love tudor history and i've read all Philippa Gregory's books. they're all terrific.